3/31/09

Getting creative





Ok...So when you are eating clean for a show you don't have many options for food...or at least I don't because I don't like fish. Chicken and asparagus has been on my menu for 3 weeks now..and even though it is better than Orange Roughy (ehhh...that was the stuff I was eating when I had my "fall off the wagon" experience about 3 weeks ago) it can get a little boring...so, I decided to experiment...and BOY WAS I HAPPY!
See my recipe below:
Chicken & Asparagus Recipe
Ingredients:
2 oz thinly sliced chicken breast
6 Asparagus Spears (Fresh)
1-2 Garlic Bulbs
Olive Oil
Montreal Chicken Grill Seasoning
Directions:
Roast Garlic in Terracotta Pot (Soak pot in water for about 15 mins. Set Oven at 400 degrees. Slice top off Garlic Bulb and place in pot with the cut off side up. Drizzle a small amount of Olive Oil over, cover and bake for 30-40 mins) When it’s done it should squeeze out like butter.
Spread the roasted (butter like) garlic on one side of the thin chicken breast. Place all 6 Asparagus spears in center of chicken and roll chicken around Asparagus and place on a baking sheet. Make sure the fold of the chicken is down as to hold everything together. Sprinkle Montreal Seasoning on top and bake at 400 for 20 mins.
DELISH!
Calories:
Chicken: 80 Calories 1g Fat 0g Carbs 17g Protein
Asparagus: 20 Calories 0g Fat 3.7g Carbs 2.2g Protein
Garlic: 4 calories 0g Fat 1g Carbs 0g Protein
Olive Oil: 39 Calories 4.5g Fat 0g Carbs 0g Protein
Totals: 143 calories 5.5g Fat 4.7 g Carbs 19.2g Protein

1 comment:

Angela said...

yumm! Sounds good...i am going to try that! Thanks :)