12/2/09

Not too shabby!


So, yesterday was my day 2 of week 1 for my half marathon training and I had to run 3 miles. It was all I had to do so I decided I would run it the best and hardest I could...besides, I was interested to see where my "starting point" was anyway.


QUITE SURPRISED! I ran 3 miles in 27:10!!!! Honestly, when I ran X-C (that's cross country if you weren't sure!) in high school...I usually ran in the 26-ish or 27-ish time frame for 3.2 miles...and that was WITH running practice EVERYDAY after school....so I'm happy with a 27:10 starting point! I am just excited to get better and better and faster and faster!


YAY!


I don't know if you do this...but I do...I constantly look at the treadmill next to me to see how fast the next person is going and I play these stupid mind games with myself...thinking..."Oh no, that girl is NOT going to run faster than ME!"



I'm so weird.


More updates to come!


3 comments:

katie said...

That is a KILLER RUN!

Check out my blog – new giveaway and workout songs!
http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Genie said...

Hahahaha! I totally don't do that on the treadie, but I go slow. If I were to go fast, I would poop out in 60s or LESS! LOL!

Way to go on the 3 miler! I'd love to be able to run it in under 30:00. LOL! How lame am I?

Anonymous said...

hey just came across your blog! :)

i totally do that on the treadmill haha..congrats on the 1/2 marathon training!