1/17/11

Well, Looks Like We're Starting Over...Reflections from the past week...

Why does a snow day always seem like the best excuse to sit in your house all day and do nothing but sleep, watch movies, and wear PJs??? I think it was probably ingrained in our brains when we were children...I was even shut in the house with a treadmill and a few pair of dumb bells and sat on my hiney all day....oh and this was on Wednesday...here is a quick recap of how and when it all went wrong:

Week One was great...drank all my water, got my workouts in, ate my meals as planned. Then the weekend came...and we had a family party...and I had some wine...ok maybe alot of wine...and instead of being down 3lbs in a week...it was only 1.5lbs in a week...

Here comes Week Two...started off strong on Monday & Tuesday....with the anticipation of another HUGE snow storm I had already planned in my head Tuesday afternoon I was going to be working from home on Wednesday.

Wednesday morning comes and I sleep in...no morning cardio...and the rest went down hill. Since Wednesday there were little to no workouts, definitely no gallon of water drank per day...and a complete MESS with the meal plan...SIGH...

The thoughts in my head weren't so much "Screw this, I'm giving up" it was more like "Holy sh*t, working a full time job, training clients, and prepping my own food, workouts, and keeping my house clean is almost impossible...I better rethink my plan, and reset my goals."

So, instead of stressing myself out to get ready for a show in 13 weeks...it might take me longer because I don't have as much time to spend on my workouts like I did a year and a half ago...and that's ok. I think slow and steady wins the race, right? Besides, my goal was to compete at least once this year to get my national qualification back...not necessarily to compete nationals...so maybe I won't be ready for April...maybe I will have to look at June...I may need the extra 7-8 weeks.

So, I enter into week 3 as a "Do Over." I am wiping the slate clean and starting over...Here we go for WEEK ONE...AGAIN.

Oh, and please do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY the Jennie-O Turkey Tenderloin.

It's not good. I bought it thinking it would be an easy way to get alot of meals prepped in one shot and it's gross. I can't really put my finger on it...maybe it's too salty...or processed? I don't know but save yourself time and money get something else!

Here we go again...

No comments: